What?s in fashion? Pay attention to the 5 most important things to know about fashion?and?answer the question yourself.
- What makes you happy? Every time you contemplate a purchase, ask the same question, ?Do?you feel good in that, does it make you happy?? If the answer is no, even if the price is right or?if the outfit was featured in a fashion magazine, you will push it to the back of your closet?and won?t wear it.
- What looks good on you?? Shop with a digital camera in hand.? The best way to decide if?something looks good is to see yourself? in a picture. Consider the basics: Are you too tall or?too short, to heavy or too thin to carry the look? What colors look best with your hair or skin?tone? You can help yourself. ?Long jackets can camouflage large hips or thighs.? Dark?bottoms with light tops are often more flattering than solids.? If you are too thin to carry?the skinny pants, pair them with a top that is soft and flowing, or even a long top with a?belt.
- What do you want to spend? Most of us want to get the most for the least amount of money. In addition to shopping on sale days, consider discount outlets: Target, TJ Maxx, Marshall’s,?Ross, and outlet malls sell high priced items at bargain prices. You can find designer clothing in perfect condition,?sometimes with the price tags still attached, at your local resale shop. Goodwill shops have jeans for as little as $2.00 a pair.
- What do you do on weekdays?? Regardless of what you do during the week, get dressed every?day in something that will make you happy.?Don?t forget the shoes, jewelry, makeup, and?accessories.? Dress every day like someone is going to take a picture of you and you?ll feel?good about yourself.?
- What do you do on weekends? Make sure you have the right outfits for everything you like?to do.? Don?t neglect your hair and makeup.? Be prepared for the special occasion or night out.??You can update or change the look of a dressy outfit with a great belt or shoes or?accessories.?Pay attention to the 5 rules and you?ll look like you stepped out of a magazine every day of?the week.